Thursday 23 June 2011

Open House Day 24 - Daniele Serra

  Well, I'm Daniele Serra and I live in an island in the Mediterranean Sea. I've been an illustrator since I was four years old, or rather I have always been in my head but I recently embarked on this as a career path. Let's just say that I am a beginner. Inspired by many artists but trying desperately to be original. I love music, literature and old b-movie horror. Everything weird intrigues me and I'm very proud to have worked for Weird Tales magazine. I use a mixed technique including oil on canvas, digital processing, waste ink and markers, I don’t like to draw too much detail in my works, I prefer to try to create an emotion in an instinctive way (my wife says I don’t draw details because I’m lazy and she knows me very well!).









I have worked for DC Comics and Image Comics, at the moment I am working on a project with Alex Irvine and another with Rain Graves, both inspired by my passion for Tsukamoto and cyberpunk. I am also currently finishing the illustrations of a children's book… in the day funny and nice patterns for kids and at night covers and horror comics for adults.


I have had the opportunity to exhibit in various parts of the world and my work has been published in Europe, Australia and the USA and soon in Japan. I have two cats: Lenore and Strella that help me at work, they are great colorists and sometimes they make preparatory sketches. My first editor is my wife, without her I should be completely lost in the jumble of my twisted mind.

At the moment I'm reading “Melmoth the wanderer” and yesterday I watched “Basket Case”.





Here's the link to Daniele's websitewww.multigrade.it - puublishers of all shapes and sizes should be keeping an eye on what he's doing!



                                                                                 


2 comments:

  1. Ahh some nice work there Daniele, and over on your website too. Tanti Saluti da Bob in Galles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Bob! Thank so much for your kindness!
    Un abbraccio! :)

    ReplyDelete